HOsiHO Drone Network
HOsiHO's pilots and UAV operators network in France
Hire your drone pilot and cameramen in Cannes
for your drone filming and aerial photography in Alpes-Maritimes, and French Riviera
Here is our drone operator representing the network of professional UAV pilots in Cannes, prefecture of the Alpes-Maritimes department, the city has 74 000 inhabitants and is located on the Mediterranean coast, west of Nice, Menton and Monaco.
Drone-Pictures very often has its drones flown there for television programs like Midi en France (France 3 ), Danish television, or producers like The Explorers, or companies like Disney.
Proof of this is their impressive portfolio of aerial images, photo, video and timelapses below, taken with their drones and cameras by a team of talented cameramen.
Drone footage and aerial photography for sale on the HOsiHO aerial stock images bank, The World from Above, where you can admire the old town of Cannes seen from above by drone, or Menton, Antibes, Eze, Saint-Paul de Vence and many other pearls of the Alpes-Maritimes & French Riviera!
Some aerial footage, photos, time-lapses taken by drone over Cannes,
available for licensing, for all your audiovisual and publishing projects
Cannes & the Riviera
Cannes is a flagship city of the French Riviera, located on the French Riviera in the Alpes-Maritimes department. Known worldwide for its film festival, this medium-sized town is one of the main tourist destinations of the Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region, both for individuals and business tourism. Established on the Mediterranean Sea and benefiting from a year-round influx of tourists, this seaside town has an economy focused on trade and services.
La Croisette, the nerve center of Cannes
The downtown Croisette district is unquestionably the heart of Cannes. The city's main landmarks, such as the Palais des Festivals and Congresses or emblematic palaces like the Martinez, the Majestic and the Carlton, line the Boulevard de la Croisette on the Mediterranean coast. Behind the waterfront, shopping streets such as the rue d'Antibes and the rue Félix-Faure offer a lively face.
On the heights of Cannes, the Suquet district dominates the Croisette and the Old Port. It is the seat of the Cannes city hall and the Forville market.
Places to visit absolutely in Cannes
The city of Cannes developed in the middle of the 19th century under the impetus of Lord Brougham who attracted the English and European aristocracy to the Riviera. This influx of wealthy heirs contributed to the building of rich villas, some of the most beautiful examples of which have survived through the ages. In particular, it is possible to visit the Villa Rothschild, the Villa Montrose and the Villa Domergue. Continue your exploration of the architectural wonders of Cannes' seaside heritage with a visit to the Carlton Hotel. This palace, built in 1911, is now listed as a historical monument.
However, the Cité des Festivals has some older historical monuments to visit such as the Suquet Tower, the royal fort of the Sainte-Marguerite Island or the fortified monastery of the Saint-Honorat Island.
A stay in Cannes is incomplete without a trip to the Lérins islands that face the city. The largest one, Sainte-Marguerite Island, includes many defensive buildings and a place of imprisonment which welcomed the mysterious man with the iron mask. Smaller, the island Saint-Honorat has had a monastic vocation since the 5th century.
To see on the Riviera near Cannes
The French Riviera has a large number of sites, places and cities to visit at all costs. Take the time to go to Nice to discover the Promenade des Anglais and the other architectural wonders of the Alpes-Maritimes prefecture, follow the coast to soak up the special atmosphere of Saint-Tropez and its famous port, switch to another world in the chic streets of the Principality of Monaco or enjoy the charm and romanticism of Menton or Saint-Paul-de-Vence.
The French Riviera is also natural treasures of incredible beauty. Escape to the Island of Porquerolles, the Mercantour National Park or the Gorges du Verdon. Enjoy the laces and spectacular scenery of the Corniche de l'Esterel road. This section of the RN98 is considered one of the most beautiful tourist routes in Europe and one of the most frequented.
List of ground and aerial audiovisual equipment
available to the team of our drone pilots, cameramen and photographers
Drone-Pictures in Cannes
- Two DJI drones Inspire 2 (allowed for Dgac scenario S1-S2-S3), with the X5s & X7 camera gimbal and the following unlocked licenses for video codec recording H264/ProRes 422HQ et 4444/Raw DNG/Apple Prores Raw, with prime lenses ranging from 14mm to 90mm (according to the mounted caméra)
- DJI Matrice 200 (S1-S2-S3) for technical or specific shooting like Aeromon BH-12 sniffers or VR360 8K camera like our Insta360 Pro 2
- Three mini drones DJI with 2 Mavic 3 Cine (ProRes en 5,1K at 50p!) and the good old Mavic 2 Pro
- DJI AVATA FPV mini-drone for immersive first-person shooting, indoor and outdoor
- Video cameras 4K camera Full Frame with the Sony FX3 Cinema line & Alpha 7 IV and a set of prime lenses covering the focal range from wide-angle to tele: 14mm to 600mm
- Various Microphones Rode & Sennheiser (wireless) for interviews outdoor and indoors
- 4K camera M4/3 Panasonic Lumix GH5 & GH4 + a set of prime Zuiko lenses from 12 to 175mm
- Ronin S2 Handheld 3 axes gimbal for GH4/GH5 & Sony FX3/Alpha 7 IV
- 5K Action cams: Gopro 11; Insta360 One R 1 inch Leica
- VR360 cameras : InstaPro 2 (8K) & One RS 1 Inch (56K) for VR360 stills & footage
- Syrp 3 axis system for timelapse and hyperlapse
- Sliders, tripods and clamps
- LiveU Solo unit and 2 Huawei 4G modems
Drone shooting rates in Cannes
Our members undertake to apply the reference rates of the network, for a service of aerial shooting by drone,
either for Photo or Video, without retouching or video-edit (excluding options; travel expenses; administrative costs)
In addition to its aerial audio-visual expertise over Cannes and French Riviera, both in drone photography and drone video,
Drone-Pictures is highly specialised in the following services, thanks to the experience and skills it has acquired over the years:
- VR360 drone video
- Inspection of engineering structures
- Aerial panoramas in giga-pixel format
- UAV analysis of air quality
- Live streaming by drone