HOsiHO Drone Network
HOsiHO's pilots and UAV operators network in France
Hire your drone pilot and cameramen in Avignon
for your drone filming and aerial photography in Provence, and Southern France
Here is our drone operator representing the network of professional UAV pilots in Avignon, the city of the Popes and prefecture city of the Vaucluse department, located 80 km from Marseille with more than 93,000 inhabitants.
Drone-Pictures very often flies its drones there for international and French productions. See for example this clip full of drone images of Avignon shot in 2014 for the CRT Paca.
Proof of this is their impressive portfolio of aerial images, photo, video and timelapses below, taken with their drones and cameras by a team of talented cameramen.
Drone footage and aerial photography for sale on the HOsiHO aerial stock images bank, The World from Above, where you can see Avignon by drone, the Rhone river and the famous Saint Bénezet bridge, the city of the Popes, the Rocher des Doms, and many others!
Some aerial footage, photos, time-lapses taken by drone over Avignon,
available for licensing, for all your audiovisual and publishing projects
Avignon, the city of the Popes
Capital of the Vaucluse, Avignon is a city with a rich cultural heritage that smells good Provence. Established at the confluence of the Durance and the Rhone, this town of 93,000 inhabitants has the charm of an ancient fortified city that still retains its ramparts and a historic center whose architecture has been partially spared by modernism. Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Avignon is also known for its Performing Arts Festival which is traditionally held in July.
The Avignon Bridge, an icon known to all
Theater of the famous nursery rhyme, the Pont d'Avignon is an iconic monument of this medium-sized city of the Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region. Now cut in two, the Saint Bénezet bridge remains an essential monument for any visit to the city of the Popes.
It is an ideal starting point to explore the historic center, and also offers a fantastic panorama of the Rocher des Doms, the Popes' Palace and the city of Avignon. During your visit, don't miss to sketch a little dance step!
A breathtaking historical center
Located within the city walls, the historic center offers the tourist an extraordinary heritage. Its jewel is undoubtedly the Palace of the Popes, which was the papal residence of six popes in the 14th century. This fortified palace built on the Doms rock overlooks the Rhone. Its unique architecture is the result of the interweaving of two distinct buildings and is a unique testimony, by its size, of the international Gothic style born in the Middle Ages.
Continue your walk within the walls with a stroll in the Doms garden which combines the freshness of the trees and fountains with the possibility of admiring a beautiful viewpoint with the Mont Ventoux as a backdrop. You can easily understand why this promontory has been occupied since the Neolithic period.
A city at the crossroads of the south
Avignon has always occupied a strategic position in the Rhone Valley at the crossroads of the roads to Marseille south and Nîmes or Montpellier in the southwest. The city is also an obligatory point of passage for travelers who wish to discover the charms of Provence and to survey the roads and paths of the natural parks of the Luberon or the Alpilles.
Its immediate surroundings also allow you to visit beautiful medieval villages such as Villeneuve-lès-Avignon, as well as historical jewels such as the Abbey Saint-André and its balcony gardens.
Avignon is also all the flavors of Provence and a mecca for the gastronomy of the Côtes-du-Rhône.
List of ground and aerial audiovisual equipment
available to the team of our drone pilots, cameramen and photographers
Drone-Pictures in Avignon
- Two DJI drones Inspire 2 (allowed for Dgac scenario S1-S2-S3), with the X5s & X7 camera gimbal and the following unlocked licenses for video codec recording H264/ProRes 422HQ et 4444/Raw DNG/Apple Prores Raw, with prime lenses ranging from 14mm to 90mm (according to the mounted caméra)
- DJI Matrice 200 (S1-S2-S3) for technical or specific shooting like Aeromon BH-12 sniffers or VR360 8K camera like our Insta360 Pro 2
- Three mini drones DJI with 2 Mavic 3 Cine (ProRes en 5,1K at 50p!) and the good old Mavic 2 Pro
- DJI AVATA FPV mini-drone for immersive first-person shooting, indoor and outdoor
- Video cameras 4K camera Full Frame with the Sony FX3 Cinema line & Alpha 7 IV and a set of prime lenses covering the focal range from wide-angle to tele: 14mm to 600mm
- Various Microphones Rode & Sennheiser (wireless) for interviews outdoor and indoors
- 4K camera M4/3 Panasonic Lumix GH5 & GH4 + a set of prime Zuiko lenses from 12 to 175mm
- Ronin S2 Handheld 3 axes gimbal for GH4/GH5 & Sony FX3/Alpha 7 IV
- 5K Action cams: Gopro 11; Insta360 One R 1 inch Leica
- VR360 cameras : InstaPro 2 (8K) & One RS 1 Inch (56K) for VR360 stills & footage
- Syrp 3 axis system for timelapse and hyperlapse
- Sliders, tripods and clamps
- LiveU Solo unit and 2 Huawei 4G modems
Drone shooting rates in Avignon
Our members undertake to apply the reference rates of the network, for a service of aerial shooting by drone,
either for Photo or Video, without retouching or video-edit (excluding options; travel expenses; administrative costs)
Request a quote from Drone-Pictures on Avignon & Vaucluse
In addition to its aerial audio-visual expertise over Avignon and Vaucluse, both in drone photography and drone video,
Drone-Pictures is highly specialised in the following services, thanks to the experience and skills it has acquired over the years:
- VR360 drone video
- Inspection of engineering structures
- Aerial panoramas in giga-pixel format
- UAV analysis of air quality
- Live streaming by drone